- Embrace Continuous Change (not oppose it)
- Manage with outcomes (not outputs)
- Create a two-way conversation with the market (listen and respond)
- Create Team Collaboration (Collaboration improves outcomes)
- Create Learning Culture (failure is learning)
- Embrace Continuous Change/ Disregard Preconceptions
- Manage with outcomes/ Notice the Better Result.
Outcomes are measurable changes in behavior that drives business results. Mindfulness involves observing the actions our minds actually take to accomplish actions, taking stock of the outcomes seen from past knowledge facilitation strategies. Mindful organizations will notice how successful the gathering, creation, and use of knowledge was and notice positive outcomes resulting from MKF. Organizations should track positive outcomes (production, morale, etc.) that result from changes in making mindfulness a priority.
- Team Collaboration & Learning
Culture/ Practice Alternative Exploration.
Mindful organizations will rethink how people and teams facilitate knowledge and incorporate additional time in project schedules for positing alternative gathering, creation, and use of knowledge.
- Call to
The organization's MKF must be publicly recognized and frequently. Accompany the above mandates with visible recognition of people and groups who are practicing MKF. One strategy to create awareness of mindful knowledge facilitation is to implement the Knowledge Management Awareness Week. This week is the perfect forum for highlighting positive outcomes from MKF.